The Nervous system is the central pivot point of Chiropractic.
- It is the singular most important organ in the body.
- Nothing happens without the nervous system being involved.
- We see with it, hear with it, feel with it.
- Every experience that we have is processed through it.
- It controls our temperature, the oxygenation of our blood, our heart rate, breathing rate, balance, coordination…….
- It also heals us when we are ill.
What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic care is so much more than just a treatment for back pain.
- Chiropractic deals with the subtle imbalances that can occur in the nervous system.
- Chiropractic does not “treat” disease, conditions or symptoms.
- Chiropractic helps to remove the imbalances allowing the body’s own inborn ability to heal express itself – innate.
- Chiropractic is not about bones. The spine is our gateway to the nervous system.
- The spine allows for more sensory access to the nervous system than anywhere else but the eyes.
What does a Chiropractor do?
A Chiropractor will first take a history to determine what is your main compaint, what effect this has on your lifestyle and what your general level of health is. He will then carry out a neurological and physical examination to find out where there is interference or imbalance in the nervous system. What we often term a Chiropractic Subluxation.
On some occasions, the Chiropractor may refer you for further examinations such as X-rays to give him more information about your problem.
Once the Chiropractor has satisfied himself that he has enough information he will book your report of findings when he will tell you what he has found, what he can do, how much it will cost and how long it will take. If you are happy care will start on this visit.
Where will the Chiropractor adjust?
You will find that the Chiropractor will adjust areas that are not symptomatic. Where we adjust will be determined by our findings.
The adjustment is not about putting the bone back into the right place, or taking pressure off a nerve. It is about correcting the imbalances within he nervous system itself. So, in effect, the adjustments are changing the balance within the brain and spinal cord.
At Aquae Sulis Chiropractic we use muscle testing, balance and coordination tests, blood pressure reflexes and altered patterns of sensation to determine where will adjust. We may look at eye movement to give us more information.
After we have adjusted we will recheck our findings to ensure that the adjustments have been successful then schedule your next Chiropractic checkup.